Colne Fire Station v Pendle Athletic – memorial football event raises over £1,200 for charity!
A charity event was organised to coincide with the 10 year anniversary of the tragic deaths of Jessica Foxley, Tom Petty and Philip Wright and aimed to fund raise for for Pendleside Hospice, The Stroke Association and The Fire Fighters Charity.
The event was a re-match of the original charity football match that took place 10 years ago. You can read a little about the background of this here: memorial garden – Jessica Foxley, Tom Petty & Philip Wright.
The final score was 9-1 to Pendle Athletic F.C.!
Colne Fire Station in their Pink football kit (which was kindly sponsored by Unique Clean and Petty Estate Agents) and Pendle Athletic F.C. in the red & black kit.
Competition – Mascots Penalty Shoot Out
At half time, there was a penalty shoot out competition against the team Mascots …
On the day
Here you see the children who won the penalty shoot-out against the team Mascots (they each won a voucher for roller skating at Earnie’s of Colne) and Chris Law & David Clamp for correctly predicting the time of the first & last goals of the match respectively (they each won vouchers for Kiddy Chaos Party & Play Centre).
The correct amount of photos taken by Karen (of 5 Little Boys Photography) on the day was 711 and the winner of the photo shoot competition was Maxine Sconce with the nearest guess of 783 ! (That level of photo’s is not unusual at such events and they can take some considerable time to process! Did you know: Karen took over 1,500 photo’s at the Colne Park High School Prom 2019 at Stirk House ?!).
Runners up of the photo competition were: Pat Clamp, Ruth Jacques and Lucy Dutton – who all won a bottle of liquor with thanks to The Duke of Lancaster pub.
Want to see more pictures?
Many more pictures of the charity event can be found here:
Sponsors & Organisers
Many thanks to:-
- Unique Clean & Petty Estate Agents for sponsoring the Colne Fire Station football kit.
- Earnie’s of Colne for donating the four prizes for the penalty shoot out competition.
- Kiddy Chaos Party & Play Centre for donating the prize for the competition to predict the time of the first/last goals.
- 5 Little Boys Photography for donating a family photo shoot (worth £195) for the ‘guess the number of photo’s taken by Karen on the day’ competition. And further thanks to Karen for kindly taking photo’s of the whole event.
- Duke of Lancaster pub (Colne) for donating the three prizes for the runners up of the ‘guess the number of photo’s taken by Karen on the day’ competition.
- Colne F.C. for hosting the whole event.
- Colne Fire Crews & Pendle Athletic for their outstanding contributions to the local community.
Thank you to everyone that got involved, contributed and attended.