Pendle Community Support Hub launched
The new Pendle community Hub has been launched to co-ordinate support for Pendle’s most vulnerable residents during the coronavirus outbreak.
The Pendle Community Support Hub has been created for residents without a circle of friends or family or neighbours to help them.
Can we help you?
There’s lots of help from the Government, Pendle Council (including service disruptions) on our coronavirus guidelines pages. Detailed advice can be found here: UK Government – help and advice about coronavirus.
But if you still need support, we can put you in touch with organisations who offer help, including:
- advice on where to get food
- help with shopping
- support for mental health issues
- dog walking
- collecting prescriptions
- dealing with social isolation and loneliness
- financial and debt advice
If you, or a vulnerable person you know, needs help, you can:
- fill in the Pendle Community Support Hub form
- email email@example.com
- ring 01282 661743 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 3pm Saturday and Sunday.
The helpline isn’t for people wanting to find out about Council Tax or business support. (That information can be found on the Pendle Council Coronavirus page.
“We expect calls to the new community hub to be high so please be patient – we will work hard to get the right help and support to people who need it.”
Can you help us?
We are asking organisations, businesses, groups and individuals to tell us what services they could provide to help those who need practical and emotional support.
If you or your community group or business would like to join our efforts you can:
- fill in our offer of help form or email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you can help. Please don’t ring us with your offers of help, as we need to keep the lines clear for people looking for support
If we can match your offer of support to someone in need we will be in touch.